Answered By: Ashlen Dube Last Updated: Aug 27, 2015 Views: 13
There are several free e-mail services on the Internet including Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail. I will go through the steps for creating a Yahoo Mail account.
- Launch your web browser. Any web browser should work.
- Type in mail.yahoo.com in the URL bar.
- Click on "Sign up for a new account."
- Fill in the the questions on the form. Press the "Create Account" button when you are done filling in the form. The form will ask for your name, birth date, and mobile phone number. You will also have to choose a username and password. You may pick any username and password that you would like, but you may have to try different username options as many popular names have already been selected by other users. Also, you will want to pick a password that has at least eight characters consisting of a combination of letters and numbers. Do note that passwords are case sensitive.
- Yahoo may send you an SMS text message on your phone with a verification code after you create the account. Enter this number if prompted to do so.
- Congratulations! You've created an e-mail account. You may want to write down your username and password for your records.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID