Answered By: Jessica Maris
Last Updated: Apr 17, 2024     Views: 98

The best place to find academic, scholarly or peer reviewed articles is in our academic/scholarly databases including JSTOR, Gale Academic OneFile and ProQuest Research Library. These databases cover multiple topics and results can be limited to scholarly journals. Login with your COM account for off campus access.

Here's how:


All the content in JSTOR is considered scholarly so you can search as you normally would. JSTOR does include content other than articles, such as primary sources, images reports and open content in the results, however. To take these out your results: 

  1. Under Refine Results, find Academic Content
  2. Select Journals 
  3. You should be left with scholarly articles. 

Gale Academic OneFile

The result list defaults to Academic Journal articles in Academic OneFile. 

  1. Perform a search on your topic. 
  2. All your results will on the default result list will be from academic (scholarly) journals. 


  1. Perform a search
  2. Select Scholarly Journals from the Source type options on the right side of your result list
  3. All your results will now be from scholarly journals.
  4. If you also want the article's to be peer reviewed, click on the Peer reviewed menu above Source type and select Peer reviewed.

Answers by Topic

Ask COM Library Home

Back to Ask COM LIbrary

Today's Hours

More Ways to Ask

COM Library Visit us at COM Library

email  Email us

call  Call us at 409-933-8448

SMS  Text us at 409-229-4142

  Fill Out a form

Get more on: