Answered By: Kathryn Park
Last Updated: Aug 12, 2019     Views: 44

We do not have full text access through our databases, it appears to be available in print only. You would need to get it from a library that has it in print or get a copy through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). There are not any local libraries that have the publication, so TexShare would not be a good option in this case.

We can help get articles we don't own for our students in two ways:

  1. TexShare
    COM students, faculty and staff are eligible for the TexShare card which entitles the user to certain borrower privileges at other Texas academic and public libraries. To see if a library participates in the program, and to read their lending policy, please view the list at the libraries and catalogs link.This is generally much quicker than ILL. To get your TexShare card, you'll need to go to the Circulation Desk in COM Library and present a current COM ID.
  2. ILL
    COM Library offers Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to the students, faculty and staff of College of the Mainland. ILL basically involves COM Library requesting materials from other libraries. Keep in mind that ILLs can take 2-6 weeks. It can take longer depending on availability and other factors, and there is no guarantee that you will get the item requested. Requesting ILLs during summer sessions is generally not practical. There is no cost to the patron. If the only way to obtain an item is for a fee, COM Library will contact you to inform you of the cost, and ask how you wish to proceed. Go to the Request an article page on the Find & Get Items From Other Libraries guide (link below) to request on ILL.

Answers by Topic

Ask COM Library Home

Back to Ask COM LIbrary

Today's Hours

More Ways to Ask

COM Library Visit us at COM Library

email  Email us

call  Call us at 409-933-8448

SMS  Text us at 409-229-4142

  Fill Out a form

Get more on:

Find more answers on: