Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: Aug 08, 2019 Views: 23
We have several sources that can help you find world authors:
- World Literature guide
- Literary Sources
- Literary Reference Center (LRC)
World Literature guide
Go to the World Literature guide to find resources on prominent world authors listed by time period (see the World Literature guide link below to get started).
Use Literary Sources to find world authors (see the How to Use Literary Sources link below to get started). Here's how:
- On the Literary Sources home page, click on Advanced search under the search box.
- On the Advanced search page click on Person Search.
- On the Person Search page, scroll down and to Nationality and select from the pull down menu and hit search. Notice that you can select more than one nationality at a time.
- You'll retrieve a list of authors from that country. Once you click on an authors name you will get all related criticism, biographies, work overviews, etc., that are available.
Literary Reference Center
Use EBSCO's Literary Reference Center (LRC) to find world authors (see the How to Use Literary Reference Center (LRC) link below to get started). Here's how:
1. Click All Works under the Browse list on the LRC home page.
2. On the All Authors page, pick the country of your choice by browsing alphabetically or typing in a country.
3. Once a country is selected, you'll see a list authors from that country.
4. When you click on an author you''ll retrieve a summary about the author as well as a Related Information list of thins like a list of articles, biographies, plot summaries and full text classics as available.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID