Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 45
The purpose of doing research in College--finding articles and books on a topic--is to increase your understanding of a subject.
This means that you will not only have to find the articles, you will have to read them and think about what they mean in depth before you write your paper or presentation. What you learn from the articles should be in your paper or presentation. After reading the article you should think about things like:
- What is the author of the article telling you about the topic?
- What new information did you learn from it that you did not know before?
- How does that change what you think about the topic?
Those are the kinds of things your instructor expects you to do when he assigns research, and what he expects you to discuss.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID