Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: Feb 26, 2018 Views: 10880
- Place the CD into the disk drive, then select My Computer on your desktop.
- From Windows explorer, click on the drive for the CD.
- Select a file from the CD and copy it onto your desktop.
- Start a new email and add the copied file on your desktop as an attachment.
This will work with files such as those found in Microsoft Office programs, PDFs, and MP3s, but not for larger programs found on CDs that require installation on a computer.
- All works ok but how do I "add the the copied file on my desktop as an attachment to my email"?
- Hello tomahawk. How you attach a file to your email really depends on the email program you are using. But for the most popular email options, like Microsoft Outlook to Gmail, you can just drag the file from the desktop into the email. You can also look for the paperclip icon in the email and click on it to follow instructions to attach your file.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.