Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 40
Depending on which type of Kindle or Nook you own, you may be able to search and use GVRL from your device. Regardless you can use the following method to move GVRL documents to it. You should note that GVRL does not transfer entire books to your device but you can download multiple individual chapters.
The most reliable way to put GVRL documents on your Kindle or Nook is to use file transfer:
- Search and find a document that you’d like in GVRL.
- Click the Download PDF to eReader button. This button is only available at the document level set to Text View.
- Click the Download button.
- Save the file to an appropriate place on your hard drive like My Documents/Documents or your Desktop.
- Connect your Kindle/Nook to your computer via its USB cable.
- Copy the file from your hard drive to the appropriate place on your Kindle/Nook. If you’re unsure where to put it, consult your instruction manual.
- Your document should now appear on your device!
Note: Amazon offers the ability to email PDF documents directly to your Kindle.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID