Answered By: Erin McDaniel Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 190
To find eBooks, go to our EBSCO eBook database linked below. I ran a couple of searches that were successful.
- DE "Intervention (International law)" This is a subject search. You can copy and paste it into the search bar.
- For the 2nd search, I just used the word Syria. To narrow down your results, you can choose to narrow your publication date range using the tool on the left. Also, under the Category option, choose history/middle east/ general.
- To determine if your selections are scholarly, you will want to make sure the book has a bibliography (also called references and works cited). You can also read the information on the author, usually found at the back of the book, to determine their expertise. If that isn't available, you can conduct an internet search for some information on them.
To find articles, go to the EBSCO: Academic Search Complete link below.
- DE "HUMANITARIAN intervention". You can copy and paste this subject search into the search bar
- Use the limiters on the left to modify the publicaiton date, select References Available and Scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals
- Use the subject/thesaurus limiters to further narrow your results if necessary.
- DE "SYRIA" You can copy and paste this subject search, and use the same limiting process mentioned above.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.