Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: Jun 16, 2016 Views: 5295
Here is how to view the contents of your drive:
- From your desktop, click the Start button.
- Select the Computer option in the grey menu to the right of the programs menu. See the image below.
- If your flash drive is plugged in you should see an icon for it among the available drives. It will be labeled as a Removable Drive. Click on it to open it and view its contents.
- When finished with your file, be sure to save. Right click on the same Removable Drive icon and select Eject from the menu that appears.
- my start button does not show "my computer"
- The answer was written for an older version of Windows, so the instructions you refer to had to be updated, which is now done. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID