Answered By: Arnetta Henderson Last Updated: Jan 10, 2018 Views: 72984
Here's how to single space in Word:
- Highlight the text you want to single space.
- Right click
- Select Paragraph
- Under Line spacing, use the pull down menu to choose single.
- It also is necessary, if you have already got text on the page to first select all the text and then do what Arnetta says to do.
- You are correct. Her first instruction is to highlight the text that needs to be changed. I edited the format of the answer to make that clearer. Thank you.
- This still didn't change it. Something more serious is happening here.
- Sorry, Snoweer. If something more serious is happening your best best it to come to the library lab for one on one help.
- Hey Snoweer, I hope you've solved you dilemma, but for those still confused.. follow the same steps from above but most importantly click the box which sates this...
"Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style."
Hugs to all!!!
- Thanks Bolivar. The instructions above have been simplified.
- Bolivar......Thank you so very much for your advice to click that box about not adding space between paragraphs. That solved my problem!!!!!!!
- Yes, thank you! - that helped me, too!!!
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID