Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 63
Your best approach to this would be to get very current information on Texas specifically, but also using information on other states that have actually done this.
For Texas information:
- Go to Texas Legislature Online. You can look up bills by keyword as well as bill number if you already know it. A keyword search on gambling produced quite a few results so you may need to consult news sites to get the bill number(s).
- Use Google News search to find news articles. You can use the phrase Texas bills legalizing gambling. You can us the Any recent news option to limit to past month week, day, hour or click on archives to see older articles where you can restrict to a date range.
- Newspaper database: InfoTrac Newsstand has quite a few Texas newspapers in it, you can access it from the How to Use Hot Topics Databases libguide. Try texas legalized gambling.
For legalized gambling information :
- Opposing Viewpoints has a topic page for gambling, (this link might be slow) which includes videos, images, news, academic journal articles, statistics, expert picks and viewpoints. Expert picks and viewpoints are where you will find the pro and cons.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
COM students can still check out our online 24/7 leisure collection that includes eBooks, digital magazines, and movies and music that you can stream for free! Find out more.
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.