Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: Feb 19, 2019 Views: 64
For most libraries you get a Hoopla ID by going to Hoopla through your library website and registering with your library card. For COM students, faculty and staff, you use your COM email instead. Here are the steps for COM:
Registering for Hoopla is a little disconcerting because Hoopla asks for a library card number, but you'll actually use your regular COM username, which is the same as the first part of your COM email.
For example, if your COM email is COM123@com.edu, you'd enter COM123. After you are registered you'll just login with the email you chose when you registered. Here are all the steps:
1. The first time you go to hoopla you'll need to register. Select the Get Started Today button.
2. When the Your Info Window pops up, use your preferred email and create a password. You do not have to use your COM email.
3. You'll see a list of local libraries. If College of the Mainland is not listed, type mainland in the search box and select College of the Mainland.
4. When asked to enter your card number, use your standard COM username. For example, if your COM email is COM123@com.edu, you'd enter COM123. In the future when you come back, you'll just login with the email and password you chose.
5. Hit continue to start downloading popular movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics and TV shows!
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID