Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: Jan 31, 2018 Views: 13
The definitive nursing database is CINAHL, but we have others as well. You can access CINAHL and all our nursing databases from the Nursing page in the databases guide (link below). If you select EBSCO Scholarly and Peer Reviewed, you will have the option to limit results to scholarly resources.
In general the best approach is to:
- Perform a search on your topic.
- Limit to full text under the Limit Your Results box.
- Limit to 2014-2019. As a nursing student you should not use anything older than 5 years.
- Limit to peer reviewed under the Limit Your Results box if required by your instructor.
- Subject: Thesaurus Term
Use to narrow to a specific subject thesaurus term retrieved by your search. Sort of like subject, but more specific—can be the most effective to narrowing down to your real topic.
Use to narrow down to a subject retrieved by your search; selecting an appropriate subject one can get you closer to what you really want for your paper.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Microsoft Word
- Citation/Style: MLA
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.