Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: Mar 06, 2018 Views: 11873
You should download the Google Docs app for your iPad. Within the app you can create a work around hanging indent:
1. Add your citation.
2. Highlight your citation.
3. Tap the A in the top right corner of the app.
4. Text options come up automatically, but you'll need to tap Paragraph.
5. Under line spacing tap the up arrow by 1.5 (the default) once to read 2, making it double spaced.
6. Tap the middle of your screen to get out of it.
7. Tap after the first line of your citation and hit tap the return key on your iPad keyboard. Your cursor will now be in front of the second line of your citation.
8. Tap the A in the top right corner of the app again.
9. Tap the right indent option.
10. You will now have a citation that is double spaced and a hanging indent. You can tap the center of your screen to close the paragraph options.
- This was very helpful. Thank you my good sir.
- My IPad would automatically indent when I hit return. It didn’t work
- Sorry it's not working for you Anonymous. If you are a COM student I recommend coming into the library so we can help you with it. You can also download MS Word for free which would make your life a lot easier. If you are not a COM student, a good option is till to go to your local library where they would probably be happy to help.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
COM students can still check out our online 24/7 leisure collection that includes eBooks, digital magazines, and movies and music that you can stream for free! Find out more.
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.