Answered By: Ashlen Dube Last Updated: Nov 03, 2015 Views: 30
COM Library has libguides for our most requested citation styles (see link below), but not one for Chicago. The good news is that if you used COM Library resources you can grab a citation in Chicago style from lots of them. There is a link below that takes you to a great site on Chicago style that should help you format your paper.
Look your book up in WorldCat and grab the Chicago style citation:
Articles & Media
You can grab Chicago style citations from some of our top databases: America's News, Britannica, CQ Researcher, EBSCO, Films on Demand, Issues & Controversies, ProQuest Research Library and Science Online. You should note that it might be listed as Chicago or CMS (which stands for Chicago Manual of Style).
If you aren't sure how to grab the citation, go the the Cite the Easy Way page of the Cite MLA Style libguide. The formatting tips are a little different: You do use a hanging indent but you single space each entry and double space in between entries.
You can do it from scratch or use the forms on Son of Citation Machine to help you.
Son of Citation Machine
- Go to Son of Citation Machine.
- Select Chicago.
- Choose the Web page tab, enter the URL of your site and select Search Websites.
- One or more matches should appear below the box. Choose Select to confirm correct website.
- You''l then get a page that says Here's what we found. If there is any info that could be found it will be listed.
- Select Continue to final step.
- Fill out missing info in the form if available.
- When done, click on the Create Citation button and copy your citation for your Bibliography/References page or in text citation.
Answers by Topic
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- About the Library
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
COM students can still check out our online 24/7 leisure collection that includes eBooks, digital magazines, and movies and music that you can stream for free! Find out more.
Get more on:
Find more answers on:
Ask COM Library!
Ask real COM Library staff a question via live chat during library hours.