Answered By: Ashlen Dube Last Updated: Oct 15, 2015 Views: 13
Steps to delete a file off a Windows computer:
- Find the files you want to delete by using the File Explorer
- Click on the file you want to delete or highlight multiple files if you have multiple files that you want to delete
- Either right click the mouse and select delete or hit the delete button on the keyboard. You can also click and drag the files to the Recycle Bin.
- To ensure that your files are really deleted, you must empty the Recycle Bin. To do this, go to the desktop, find the Recycle Bin icon, right click it, and select "Empty Recycle Bin."
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American Literature
- Home Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
COM Library is closed for winter Break, but you can still help yourself with our Knowledgebase.