Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 369
You can use COM library to find articles about this subject.
To find articles, you can search our academic databases. Our Databases Libguide is a good place to start, as it will link you to databases for different subject areas. The "Health & Nursing", "Hot Topics & News", and "Social Sciences" tabs of this guide all link to databases that should contain some information about this subject. Personally, I find EBSCO's Academic Search Complete the most reliable when searching for scholarly articles.
Scholarly is basically where the article has been "approved" for publication by someone trusted in that field. It means that the information in the article is accurate and written well enough for use in something related to academics (like your paper).
1. Choose a database to search (I advise to use EBSCO Academic Search Complete for what you need)
2. Type in "breastfeeding" in the search engine
3. To make sure the articles you find are scholarly, make sure to click the limiter "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals" and "References Available" on the left hand side. In fact, I would click the full text option, "limit the date to five (or fewer) years, and select some of the subjects listed to narrow down the search to a more manageable level. (All can be found on the left hand side of the screen)
This will give you a good range of articles about breastfeeding. If there are still too many, try adding more limiters based on what you want to find. Then, look at the description and narrow your list down to the ones that discuss what you need.
I hope this helps, and good luck with your search! Let us know if you need anything else!
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library Home
Your Questions Answered