Answered By: Erin McDaniel Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 65
Currently you can view an EBSCO eBook or your mobile device while in EBSCO or transfer the eBook from your computer to your mobile device.
To View It
To view it, just point your device browser to EBSCO and read it as you normally would on your computer. The disadvantage to this is that if we don't have unlimited copies, the book can still be checked out by someone else and you might not be able to access it.
To Transfer It
Transferring it takes multiple steps, including setting up accounts and getting apps. It is tedious the first time, but pretty simple after that.
- For the transfer to work, you will need Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, and Bluefire Reader on your mobile device. You can get links and instructions on download and set up from Transfer EBSCO eBooks to a Mobile Device page in the EBSCO eBooks LibGuide.
- On your computer, open your downloaded EBSCO eBook in Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not authorized Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID on the computer, you will need to complete that step first. You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and Password the first time you try to open a EBSCO eBook with Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect your portable device to your computer.
- Transfer your eBook using the same method you use for transferring other files to your mobile device (this will vary by device) from your My Digital Editions files to your Bluefire reader.
- Open Bluefire and start reading your book!
Note: Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Distance Ed
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Microsoft Word
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- COM: ID
- Health & Medicine
- American History
Your Questions Answered