Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 150
Great news! For any print book that has been cataloged at COM or just about anywhere in the world, you can get an automatically generated citation from our catalog, WorldCat. Luckily, the College of the Mainland catlaog has been entered. Here's how:
Get citations for COM library print books, eBooks and media from WorldCat. Here's how:
- Go to WorldCat and search for "college of the mainland catalog".
- From the results list, click on the title.
- Once on the item page, select Cite/Export (see below).
- A pop-up window will launch with APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA and Turabian style citations (see below).
- Click on MLA to get the citation. Note: You may need to tweak the formatting a bit. Check the Cite the Easy Way! tab in the Cite MLA Style LibGuides. In this case you just need to make sure it is double spaced with a handing indent.
Change It Tips:
- Make sure it is formatted double spaced with a .5" hanging indent on your works cite page if it goes over one line.
- The date you'll grab from the catalog is 1969, refelcting our first catalog. You'll need to chaneg that date to 1975.
It Should Look Like: MLA
College of the Mainland Catalog. Texas City, Tex: College of the Mainland,
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library Home
Your Questions Answered