Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 200
For an APA header you need the title of your paper on the left, and the page number on the right. The header on the first page is a little different -- you need the words Running head: before the title on the title page. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the Insert tab in Word. Select Header from the Header & Footer section.
- Select Blank Header, the first option.
- Click on Page Number on the top left. Select Top of Page, then Plain Number 1. The pages will now have the page number on them.
- Type the title of the paper in all caps. If it is over fifty characters, use a shortened version of the title.
- After typing the title, place the cursor immediately to the left of the page number. Press tab until the page number is on the right of the page.
- Select the Different First Page option at the top center. Make sure you are on the first page and repeat steps 3-5, but include the words 'Running head:' before entering the title.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Microsoft Word
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID