Answered By: Jessica Maris Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 512
Hi! Okay, so I have searched for that title throughout the databases, and could not find any usable criticism. Could you use criticism on the author Sherman Alexie instead? Or better yet, is there another poem you could work with? Sometimes if a poem is not well read, the criticism will be scarce, if at all. However, if you do change poems or decide to use the criticism, here are some steps you can take to find criticism:
1. search for "poetry" on the libguides page http://libguides.com.edu/ and enter the link for the LibGuide titled "Poetry"
2. Click on the "Find Articles" tab under than Libguide, and there will be websites for articles linked below.
3. Choose on of the links (I prefer EBSCO, but most of the ones on this page will work)
4. Once you have entered in your chosen website, type in the author's name or title of the work you are needing criticism on
5. Once you have hit "search," look to the right of the results and narrow down your search by some of the limiters there (such as peer reviewed, full text, language, etc.)
That should get you the results you will need if you change poems or depending on your professor and the assignment, can use this to pull up information on the author.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID