Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 279
The best place to find articles on works of literature is in our literature databases. Use our How To Use Literature Databases LibGuide (see link below) to access the best literature databases and get step by step instructions.
Literature Resources from Gale had the most articles on Sherman Alexie's This Is What It Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona and we currently have one book and one eBook that cover Alexie. We also have a GVRL eBook with a plot summary, themes, context and some criticism of the story. You'll need to log in with your COM ID and last name if you are off campus for our electronic resources.
Here are some tips when searching for literature:
Literature Resources from Gale
- Select name of work after typing in story/poem title.
- Limit to Literature criticism under content type.
- You can also limit to peer reviewed publications--these will all be academic journal articles.
Literary Reference Center
- This EBSCO database has a unique interface designed to help you search more easily for literature.
- To get started you can do a search or select browse options such as Most Studied Authors or Full Text Classics.
- It is also searchable using the EBSCO: All Literature databases option, below.
For books & ebooks! Check:
- Type in the title of the work or your author if there is no specific work.
- On the result list, use the Topic option to narrow down to Language, Linguis...
- Use the Topic list to narrow down even more until no more topic options are available. For instance, after you narrowed to Language, Linguis..., subcategories will be available depending on your search term, such as American Literature. This will save you time!
- You can use the same techniques here you’d use in any EBSCO databases. Click on Subject and see what options most closely match topic and select.
- Click on the literature category on the from page, then search whithin literature to find your author or specific work.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Database: EBSCO
- COM: Bookstore
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Distance Ed
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Off Campus Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft Word
- Health & Medicine
- American History
- Government & Law
- Computers & Tech (Help)