Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 100
Hi. In general when reserching literature you can use teh tips below. However, your topic, Lanval does not have as much avilable as many topics. You're best bet in this case is Gale: Literature Resources from Gale. I retreived over 20 articles, so there should be enough to choose from. If you still need more sources let us know and we will try to dig up more.
Tips for literature in general:
The best place to find articles on works of literature is in our literature databases. Use our How To Use Literature Databases LibGuide (see link below) to access the best literature databases and get step by step instructions. You may need to use all three databases to find enough articles.
Here are some tips:
EBSCO: Academic Search Complete
- You can limit to Academic Journals under Source Types
- It's also a good idea to take a look at limits available under Subject and Subject: Thesaurus terms. A good one would be CRITICISM.
Literature Resources from Gale
- Select name of work after typing in story/poem title.
- Limit to Literature criticism under content type.
- You can also limit to peer reviewed publications--these will all be academic journal articles.
And don't forget books! Books can be a great source for literature criticism. Check:
- Type in the title of the work or your author if there is no specific work.
- On the result list, use the Topic option to narrow down to Language, Linguis...
- Use the Topic list to narrow down even more until no more topic options are available. For instance, after you narrowed to Language, Linguis..., subcategories will be available depending on your search term, such as American Literature. This will save you time!
- You can use the same techniques here you’d use in any EBSCO databases. Click on Subject and see what options most closely match topic and select.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Microsoft Word
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID