Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 27
We have both books and articles that you could use for your topic.
To Find Books
- Go to WorldCat (link below).
- Search using Iraq war consequences, select Keyword, (all words) and hit search.
- You'll retrieve several books, including one titled: The Iraq War and its consequences : thoughts of Nobel Peace laureates and eminent scholar. You'll need to copy down the call number to find it on the shelf.
To Find Articles
We have several databases that would support your topic. To access them go to the Hot Topics tab in the databases by Subject LibGuide. CQ Researcher, Gale: Opposing Viewpoints, Facts on File Issues & Controversies, and EBSCO Academic Search Compete all have good articles that you can use.
- In all but EBSCO, go to each database.
- Type in Iraq war to retrieve a list of articles.
- For more details on hot to use each of these databases, see the link to How to Use Hot Topics Databases, below.
- Go to Academic Search Complete.
- Type in Iraq War.
- You will have so many results, you'll need to use the techniques described in the Save Time on Result List box.
- Some of the options to narrow down are:
- Subject: Thesaurus Term, select IRAQ War, 2003-
- Subject (you'll need to click on Show more to see it): UNITED States -- Politics & government -- 2001-2009
- There are several subjects that could work well to narrow down. You may want to experiment and see what looks best to you. Hint: You can select more than one at a time and apply. Some to try:
- Subject Thesaurus Term: : INTERNATIONAL relations
- Subject Thesaurus Term (you'll need to click on Show more to see it): DISENGAGEMENT (Military science)
- Subject: Thesaurus Term: PUBLIC opinion
- Subject: SOCIAL aspects
- Subject (you'll need to click on Show more to see it): MORAL & ethical aspects
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- Microsoft Word
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Distance Ed
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- COM: ID
Ask COM Library Home
Your Questions Answered