Answered By: Kathryn Park Last Updated: May 13, 2015 Views: 25
The databases are still probably your best source. One issue may be that the topic is too broad. Many times if you phrase your topic as a question it can help you focus your searches. What is it that you want o know about cultural morals? You might also try different or additional terms, such as social, ethics, values. You have to remember that researching at the college level is a process that involves multiple steps. Here are some things to try:
- Go to EBSCO and search cultural morals
- Click on Subject in the blue side bar on the left
- Select the boxes next to CULTURE and Moral & ethical aspects.
- Then click update.
- You will have around 50 results
However I believe the search still needs to be more focused. Ideally you start your search knowing how you want to focus it. If you aren't sure how to do this, review the results you get from the above search. Find an article that looks interesting or close to what you are looking for. For instance I found on article called Cultural context and moral responsibility. If you want more like this one or any article you choose, you can:
- Click on the article title
- On the left hand side in the blue bar, look for Find Similar results and click on it.
- Now you have lots of results that need to be narrowed down.
- Click Subject and Subject Thesaurus term in the blue side bar on the left to see options for narrowing down and choose the options that are closest to your topic.
If you are still having trouble, it might be best to ask your instructor how to make your topic more specific, and/or come to the library where we can help one on one.
Answers by Topic
- About the Library
- Textbook Checkout & Course Reserves
- Library Lab
- Borrowing Library Items
- Citation/Style: MLA
- COM: Bookstore
- Database: EBSCO
- Hot or Controversial Topics
- Distance Ed
- Citation/Style: APA
- Database: WorldCat
- Home Access
- American Literature
- Microsoft Word
- COM: ID
- Health & Medicine
- Computers & Tech (Help)
- American History