I'm looking to find information on what alcohol does to your body.
I can see from your EBSCO search history that you chose the all health & medicine databases and that was a good choice. What you have to remember about databases is you usually have to search in steps. Use these techniques to get good results:
- Type in effects of alcohol.
- You will have so many results you'll need to use the techniques described in the Save Time on Result List box.
your results list, you should always click on both Subject: Thesaurus Term and
Subject to see which one has the best options for your topic. On either one you
can click on Show more to see several more ways to narrow down to your topic.
In this case there are several good options. I recommend selecting the nest fit
and see what articles you get as a result. If you don’t like the results you
can always deselect it and try another one. I though this one had good results:
- Under Subject Thesaurus term: ALCOHOL -- Physiological effect
- You can then take a look at your results and see if you’d like to narrow down more. There are several subjects that could work well to narrow down. You may want to experiment and see what looks best to you. Hint: You can select more than one at a time and apply.
- When you think you have good articles, refine your results: Full text to take out articles not available online.
If these aren’t the kind of articles you were looking for, try experimenting with other Subject Thesaurus terms or get back in touch with us, we’ll be glad to help some more!