I need information on becoming a customs broker.
The US Customs and Border Protectionhas has some great information:
- overview: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/brokers.xml
- About the exam: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/broker_exam/
- Exams and keys: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/broker_exam/exam_and_key_downloads/
- Customs Brokers: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/trade/legal/informed_compliance_pubs/icp048.ctt/icp048.pdf
There are also some related full text articles in EBSCO.
- Go to Databses by Subject.
- Select All EBSCO and hit Go.
- Click on Industry & Vocational,
- Select by clicking on the box and scroll back to teh top of the page and click continue.
- Type in customs broker.
- To narrow down, use the techniques described in the Save Time on Result List box.
- Some of the options to narrow down are:
- Subject: select CUSTOMHOUSE brokers
- Refine your results:
- Select Full Text to eliminate articles not available online.