I need to find peer revewied articles on mental health, but I can't find anything.
The best databases for that are EBSCO Academic Search Complete and EBSCO Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection. Here is the best approach:
- Search them simultaneously (and some others) by going to Databases by Subject (link below), select the Social Sciences tab and click on EBSCO: All Social Sciences Databases.
- Type mental health in the search box. You'll get hundreds of thousands of articles, so you will need to narrow down. In the blue, left hand column, find Refine your results and check the box next Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals and Full Text. Some of the articles are from the 1800's so you can also limit the date to what you want, 2000, for example.
- You will still have thousands of articles, but they now all be full text, peer reviewed and published after 2000 (or whatever sate you chose). Now will need to narrow down your subject. Scroll down until you see Subject: Thesaurus Term and Subject. Click the arrow next to each to expand and see the subjects available. Next to each subject you will see numbers--that tells you how many articles are available on that subject.
- Choose the subject that works best for your paper and hit Update. You can use this technique a couple of times to get closer to your subject until you have 100 or fewer articles.
- Now you can review your list to pick out the best articles from a list of one hundred or less instead of hundreds of thousands.