I am having a hard time finding research for the Songs of Innocence poem "The Chimney Sweeper". Where could I look for research to help?
Here are some great databases on our LibGuides to use and tips on how to use them. You can reach any of these through the tab called "Literature" tab up at the top of the "Databases by Subject" LibGuide (http://libguides.com.edu/databases). Then, follow the following steps after choosing one of the many databases available.
- You can limit to Academic Journals under Source Types
- It's also a good idea to take a look at limits available under Subject and Subject: Thesaurus terms. A good one would be CRITICISM.
Literature Resources from Gale (This site seems to have the most options when searching)
- Type in the name of the poem in the basic search engine.
- After you get your results, specify the author on the right by clicking that link.
- Limit to Literature criticism under content type. (This should already be a limiter set in a tab up at the top, but make sure it is the tab you are in)
- You can also limit to peer reviewed publications--these will all be academic journal articles.
Occasionally you may find that there still aren't enough. If that happens you can consult a librarian to make sure you aren't missing something or your instructor about the topic. You may need to change to a different work about which more has been written.