Where can I find articles for my biology class on postpartum depression?
The best place to find articles in the sciences is to go to the Databases by Subject LibGuide and select the Science tab. All our best science databases will be listed there. For this topic, EBSCO Academic Search Complete would be best. Here's how to get your articles:
- Type in postpartum depression.
- You'll get over 6,000 article and will need to narrow down. Look on the left side of your result list and lick on Subject: Thesaurus Term, then click on postpartum depression and hit update to get just the articles that have it as the main subject.
- You'll still have over 2,000. Also on the left of the result list, click next to Full Text to eliminate any article snot available online. That will eliminate hundreds.
- For the sciences, how current an article is, is also important, you can get rid of older articles easily by finding publication date and typing in the oldest year you want, or a year your instructor has given you.
- You will still have lots of articles. You can browse the Subject: Thesaurus Terms and Subjects available to get even more specific. For instance, for biology, it may be more relevant to limit to the risk factors or treatment, than the psychological aspects.
- Now you just have to review and find the best ones.