I need to find peer reviewed articles on mental illnesses and adulthood for my Psychology class.
To duplicate my search, please follow these steps.
1. Go to Databases by Subject (click on the link below.) The link can also be found on our Library homepage, in the Featured LibGuides box on the left.
2. Select the Social Sciences tab.
3. Select the link EBSCO: Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
4. Enter this phrase into the search bar: mental illness AND adulthood (using AND creates a Boolean search, meaning both terms are searched).
5. Once you get the result list, use the limiters on the left to refine your results.
a) Check the Full Text & Peer Reviewed boxes.
b) Update the publication date to 2008-2013
c) Select Academic Journals as the Source Type
d)Click on the arrow next to Subject, then click the show more option on the bottom right of that area. This will reveal all the subject terms. Click any that look appropriate. Be sure to check “mental illness” and “adulthood”. Also select the names of any mental health conditions that apply, or any other relevant aspect. Click update.
e) At this point you can start reviewing your results
6. Click on the title link of any article you want to view. This will bring you into the detailed record. Access the full text on the left. Use the tools on the right to print, cite, email, etc.