What can I do in the library?
Everything from finding a quiet place to study to getting Wi-Fi access. Here is our top 20 list:
- Do college level research, accessing thousands of full text articles online from our Databases by Subject LibGuide.
- Read thousands of eBooks online.
- Get research help from the research experts--librarians! Ask COM Library.
- Check your email.
- Play chess, backgammon or put a puzzle together.
- Browse the Internet.
- Get Wi-Fi access, with places to plug in on the Mezzanine.
- Print out documents from our printers (5 cents/page).
- Find a quiet place to study in our study rooms, our large tables where you can spread out, or our study carrels.
- Check out, renew or return books.
- Listen to audio on any of our computers--headphones are available on each computer--or bring your own.
- Make copies on our copiers (5 cents/page).
- Work on your paper or other class projects using MS Office on library computers.
- Read books from our Spanish language collection.
- Read magazines and newspapers.
- Relax in our lounge area near the main entrance.
- Read a bestseller. The bestsellers are located on our new books rack near the main entrance.
- Read books from our Texana collection--books by, for or about Texans.
- Check out media materials (math tapes, and materials of general interest).
- Read a paperback. Our paperback collection includes a variety of books, including mysteries, romances and classics.