I need to send a document on a library lab computer to my e-mail account. How do I do that?
One thing to remember is that your email is not set up as the default on library or campus computers. You can still attach documents. Here's how:
- Save the document to the computer.
- Open your web based email account.
- Compose an email to send, with whatever message and subject you choose, and to whomever you want to send it. Tip: This is also an easy way to send yourself documents you want to have at home or print out elsewhere.
- Most email providers use the paperclip symbol to indicate attach a document. Click on it and follow the instructions.
- Generally a window will pop open that allows you to find the document on the the computer. Select it by clicking on it.
- Sometimes you have to click a second command like attach after that, just make sure to follow instructions completely.