I need to find some resources about video game violence and children.
The best databases would be all of EBSCO's Hot Topics & News databases. This will search both articles and eBooks. To search them all simultaneously:
- Go to our Databases by Subject LibGuide.
- Click on the Hot Topics & News tab.
- Scroll down the list until you see All EBSCO Hot Topics Databases and click on it.
- Once there type in video games AND children. You'll find you have lots of results and will want to narrow down using options on the Refine Results column to the left of your results.
- 2 quick ways to narrow down are to Limit to Full text and limit the publication date.
- Once you've applied those limits, scroll down until you see Subject: Thesaurus Term and Subject. Click the arrows by each to see the best options. If you don't see anything you like, click on Show more to see more subject options. You'll notice numbers by each term, that indicates how many articles there are for each. If you aren't sure, usually you will see the term you typed in and you can choose that to narrow down.
- You can repeat subject limit a couple of times until you think the articles are close to what you want.
- Then you just have to choose the articles that you think will be best for your paper.
- Don't forget to grab a citation--EBSCO even helps you cite articles! See Cite in our How to Use EBSCO LibGuide to find out how (link below). Use the Check Out/Download page of our EBSCO eBooks LibGuide to learn how to download them to your computer or mobile device (link below).
More Articles & Pro/Con
If you'd like more articles, try the other Hot Topics databases. CQ Researcher, Issues & Controversies and Opposing Viewpoints all have great articles. IF you specifically want pro and con articles, those are actually better to start with.
Books & eBooks
You can find both print books in COM Library and eBooks through WorldCat. You can use the same search that you did for EBSCO. WorldCat will also cite for you, check out Cite from WorldCat from our How to Use WorldCat LibGuide (link below).